Sunday, August 12, 2007

Woonasquawhatsit?

I was doing the my favorite road loop out in Smithfield the other day and while returning through Centredale, I decided to take a chance on the Woonasquatucket River Greenway to get through the Manton Avenue madness. For the past few years I have been venturing through there as I have seen different sections being paved but there has always been a critical section that has forced me on to some horribly washed-out gravelly path. This time I made it from George Waterman Road in Johnston to Atlantic Mills in Olneyville without a hitch.

I know this has been a long and complicated process and my hat is off to Lisa Aurecchia and the rest of the folks over there fighting the good fight to provide more access to this former industrial cesspool. I hope this gets more people pronouncing the word "Woonasquatucket". Go ahead and try it: WOON - ASS - QUA - TUCKET. o

1 comment:

steven said...

Update yer damn blog!